Non-Immigrant Visa Categories:

  • B-1 Visitor to see family, tour or seek medical treatment.

  • B-2 Visitor to see family, tour or seek medical treatment.

Visitors are limited to a 6 month or less stay.

  • E-1 Business Trader or Investor from countries with whom the U.S. has signed a trade or investment treaty.

  • E-2 The trader/investor must direct and control a new or existing business in which he or she has made a substantial investment.

Traders/Investors may extend their stay indefinitely.

  • F-1 Full-time Student who has a certificate of eligibility for enrollment by an educational institution approved Immigration and Naturalization Service and who has an affidavit of support guaranteeing tuition and living expenses.

Students may be admitted for a specified period of time or for the duration of their status as a full-time student.

  • H-1 Professional worker to engage in a specialty occupation for U.S. employer. Usually requires a university degree. Subject to numerical limitation and certification from the Department of Labor that the employer is offering at least the prevailing wage for the offered position.

Professional workers may stay up to 6 years.

  • J-1 Exchange-Visitor through an established State Department program.

  • K-1 FiancĂ©e of a U.S. Citizen who must marry that citizen within 90 days of entry into the U.S.

  • L-1 Intra-Company transferees may come as an executive or manager of a company abroad to an existing branch, affiliate or subsidiary or to establish a new office, or may come to work in a position of specialized knowledge of the company's products or services. Transferees may stay up to 6 years.

  • O-1 Artist, athlete or entertainer of recognized extraordinary ability.

Such entrant may stay to accomplish the event (s) planned up to 3 years.

Copyright © - All Rights Reserved     Goren & Barreto, LLC.     Lcj3 Web Designs