Immigrant / Permanent Visa Categories:
Immediate Relatives of U.S. citizens are not subject to numerical limitation. Such persons include parents of over 21 U.S. citizen children, and spouses and under 21 children of U.S. citizens.
The following relatives are subject to various numerical limitations and face waiting lists to acquire immigrant visas or permanent residence status:
- F-1 Unmarried 21 and over children of U.S. citizens.
- F-2A Spouses and unmarried under 21 children of lawful permanent residents.
- F-2B Unmarried 21 and over children of lawful permanent residents.
- F-3 Married children of U.S. citizens.
- F-4 Brothers or Sisters of U.S. citizens.
Workers are all subject to various numerical limitations. Categories EB-3 (except for certain workers) and EB-4 require certification from the Department of Labor that their employers have tried in vain to recruit qualified U.S. workers for their jobs and that the prevailing wage is being offered.
- EB-1 Workers of Extraordinary Ability, Researchers, Professors, and Manager and Executive Transferees.
- EB-2 Workers of Exceptional Ability and Advanced Degree Holders
- EB-3 Professional or Skilled employees.
- EB-4 All Other workers.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investors of $500,000 or $1,000,000 employing at least 10 citizens.
CLICK HERE FOR U. S. STATE DEPARTMENT VISA INFORMATION,
TRAVEL WARNINGS, ALERTS AND COUNTRY SPECIFIC INFORMATION